Humans have caused major climate changes to happen already, and we have set in motion more changes still. Even if we stopped emitting greenhouse gases today, global warming would continue to happen for at least several more decades: there is a time lag between what we do and when we feel it.
But it may not be too late to avoid or limit some of the worst effects of climate change. Responding to it will involve a two-tier approach. Both “Mitigation” – reducing the flow of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere; and “adaptation” – learning to live with, and adapt to, climate change that has already been set in motion, will be needed in the next decade and we need to be prepared.
In these Boot Camps food is on center stage. This makes these programs unique. Participants are encouraged to include food choices in fighting climate change. They learn to take a holistic approach and look at systemic solutions.
These Boot Camps are involving multidisciplinary curated group of “thinkers” and “doers”, young experts coming from all over the globe, inspired and motivated to take action in the real world to combat climate change and its impacts. The diverse pool of competences in the team (like engineering, food technology, chemistry, economics, design, entrepreneurship, gastronomic sciences, food studies, political science, health, philosophy, international cooperation, food sciences, architecture, management and marketing etc..) is going to be one of the key ingredients.
Seat of the European Commission, Bruxelles is the place to be for studying food diplomacy in the heart of the exchange of policy makers’ activities who set up the legal and political framework within which entrepreneurs must operate. The boot camp is on invitation only and it will represent a moment to understand the lobbying work for acting on climate, starting from laws and rules to be followed in Europe.
An experiential learning platform allowing the participants to engage in an international workshop environment comprised of live experiences, challenges and prototyping; teamwork based innovation challenges; entrepreneurial mentoring and inspirational talks presented by visionary entrepreneurs, policy makers, innovators and opinion leaders. The platform is thus identified by three distinct training “experiences”: inspiration, aspiration and perspiration.
Inspiration – To combine learning and innovation to get a view of the future, through the eyes of big visionaries and experts.
Aspiration – To unlock your potential by making real your ideas at the side of the doers.
Perspiration – To convert your ideas into action and make a transformation in the communities in which you are part of
Cross-curricular “Food Shoot”
This experiential learning platform has the vision of enabling purpose driven talented individuals to optimize their specific food interventions in order to positively impact firstly the 5 Food Shoots identified by the Google Food Team and ultimately the food related SDGs.
- ENABLE individuals to make personal, informed food choices for sustainable lifestyles
- SHIFT diets
- ENHANCE food (systems) transparency
- REDUCE loss and waste in food systems
- ACCELERATE the transition to a circular food economy
Food for Climate Shapers are SEEDERS are talented and charismatic individuals, driving dialogue and change, SEEING the challenges of current systems that drive climate change and chronic diseases, ENVISIONING what needs to be done to improve these systems as a part of reaching the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), ENGAGING with people and organizations in their own environment to start acting on making change, DOING take a pledge to stay actively involved
Three are the main target that are going to be equally balanced to preserve the value of diversity of the group :
- YOUTH are always at the forefront of social movements and social change. The size and scope of the climate strike and its success has been impressive; however,changemakers can amplify their impact turning their energy and inspiration into action.
- RESEARCHERS/INNOVATORS/CHANGE MAKERS holding a specific knowledge or leading a project strictly connected with the topic of the learning experience: ENVIRONMENT – regenerative food systems [cities, farms, oceans] ; HEALTH – regenerative vitality; EATING – regenerative kitchens.
- DECISION MAKERS [PRIVATE/PUBLIC SECTOR] executives and professionals selected by the partners of the initiative feeling that the world is changing at lightning speed and the pace of change is only going to get faster. Executives need to be aware of their role in taking responsibility and become part of the solutions for a better world. Executives need to be aware of their role taking responsibility and become part of the solution for a better world.
The key factors of “Food for Climate Shapers” learning experience:
- be inter-generational
- engage the fellows through the live debate on the most critical topics, open questing, and idea challenges
- be based on very deep life experience
- rely on science
- be diverse and inclusive
- be driven by prosperity thinking using the regenerative business canvas for live prototyping during the learning session
- nudge the fellows to take a pledge
- involve the fellows to be part of a community, sharing a purpose
Participation Fee: Each boot camp at the regular participation fee costs 1.850 euro.
This includes tuition, prototyping materials, 7 shared meals and access to the workshop.
If you are applying as part of a company, one boot camp costs 2.500 euro.
If you are a student, an alumnus/a of FIP, FFI/FAO boot camp, FF/YTA, or applying as part of an NGO, a startup, or a non-profit organization, you are entitled to the reduced participation fee, and the fee for one boot camp is 975 euro.
Schedule: The boot camp is a full time – intensive program. Three community events/dinners and Hackathon involving the local stakeholders are going to be organized. The last day of the program lessons ends at 2 PM.
What is the best method of payment? We suggest that you use a credit card or PayPal. If you are unable to pay with a credit card you can pay via bank transfer. However, if we don’t receive your payment within 7 days, your workshop bookings will be canceled to give your space to another participant.
Is there a lower fee for participating in more than 1 week? Yes. When you enroll for 3 weeks, you get 25% off, when you enroll for 2 weeks, you get 20% off. [This promotional rate is already discounted from the regular rate and; additional discounts may not be combined with this offer – like early bird rate]
Is there an Early Bird rate? Yes. If you sign up before May 1st you will get 25% off – the Early Bird rate. If you sign after you will pay the standard tuition. Registration will close on 1 month before the start of the school. Please note that there are only 10 seats available at the Early Bird rate and 60 seats in total.
Is there a lower fee if I apply as part of an NGO, a startup, or a non-profit organization? Yes, we offer a reduced fee for people belonging to an NGO, a startup or a non-profit organization. If you are eligible for this fee, please check the box in the application form. Please note that we may ask you for proof of your eligibility.
Is there a lower fee for FIP [Food Innovation Program] alumni, Food Innovation Summer School alumni, Future Food’s Young Talent Academy, and YCL members? Yes, we offer a reduced participation fee for students. If you are eligible for this fee, please check the box in the application form. Please note that we may ask you for proof of your eligibility.Max Availability : 20
Language : All courses are taught in English.